As Project Engineer (or Assistant Project Engineer), the incumbent is expected to participate on end-to-end project with client. This starts from receiving enquiry from client on build of product/equipment to final delivery and commission of turn-key product/equipment to client. Details of work is expanded as shown below.
- First interact with client upon receiving enquiry and drawing of turn-key product/equipment.
- Review the technical drawing of product/equipment in detail to:
– Define the type of material required to build this product/equipment
– Determine the quantity/amount of material required
– Costs of material required to purchase.
Cycle time about 5 days
- Once the costing is completed, the submission proposal given to Technical Manager who will liaise with client on the proposed costs and duration to build the product/equipment.
- Upon customer’s acceptance and issuance of Purchase Order to Sea Forrest Engineering, the incumbent has to start sourcing 3 vendors for quotation of materials, shortlist and finalise one supplier for materials. Work with Procurement Admin to issue PO to vendor for supply of materials.
- Define project schedule, task list and timeline to ensure timely delivery of turnkey product/equipment to client.
- Work closely with in-house operations manufacturing team or external sub-contractor to ensure build of product is within specification, quality, and delivery time. The incumbent is expected to be hands-on working closely, sometimes guiding the manufacturing team to ensure build is to customer’s drawing and specification requirements.
- Conduct final on-site test and buy-off product/equipment before delivery to client for commissioning and use.
- At times, incumbent needs to liaise and connect with third party team/vendor to buy off the product/equipment before sending to client.
- Project time is typically 60 days.
- Follow through with client on post-delivery support to ensure turn-key product/equipment has no quality or manufacturing issues.
Qualifications Requirement and Personality Traits
Diploma or Degree in Engineering – Mechanical preferred. If discipline is not directly related but have work experience in Marine and Offshore engineering projects, that would be considered related too.
Incumbent should have good project management skills besides other related technical or mechanical engineering knowledge and skills that would be required for this role. Pleasant personality able to interact and articulate clearly with clients, vendors and supporting business partners.
Positive attitude, able to multi-task, willing to roll-up sleeves, eye for details, team-player and be hands-on, has good initiative, is systematic, detailed, organised and can work independently and responsibly with minimal supervision. Not a work to rule hour type of person but one who is bounded to work delivery even if it takes to work beyond the normal office hours, at times.
Preferably Singaporeans or Permanent Residents.