We are seeking a skilled and experienced Electrical Design and Commissioning Engineer to join our dynamic team specializing in marine vessel electrical propulsion and energy management systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electrical engineering, a deep understanding of marine systems, and a proven track record of designing and commissioning complex electrical systems for marine vessels. This role will involve working on cutting-edge technologies to enhance the performance, efficiency, and reliability of propulsion and control systems for various types of marine vessels.
1. Electrical Design:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define electrical system requirements, specifications, and design criteria for marine vessel propulsion and control systems.
- Develop detailed electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and layouts using industry-standard design tools.
- Select appropriate electrical components, equipment, and materials to ensure compliance with safety, regulatory, and performance standards.
- Design and implement control logic, automation, and monitoring systems for propulsion and manoeuvring.
2. Commissioning and Integration:
- Oversee the installation, integration, and testing of electrical systems on marine vessels during construction or retrofit projects.
- Conduct thorough testing, troubleshooting, and validation of electrical systems to ensure proper functionality and adherence to design specifications.
- Collaborate with shipyard personnel and subcontractors to ensure proper installation and alignment of propulsion and control components.
- Coordinate with project managers to establish commissioning schedules, manage resources, and ensure timely project completion.
3. System Optimization and Performance Enhancement:
- Analyse and evaluate the performance of propulsion and control systems, identifying opportunities for optimization, efficiency improvement, and performance enhancement.
- Work closely with the research and development team to implement innovative technologies and solutions to address emerging challenges in marine propulsion and control.
4. Documentation and Reporting:
- Create comprehensive technical documentation, including operation manuals, maintenance guides, and as-built drawings for electrical systems.
- Generate commissioning reports, test procedures, and status updates for internal teams, project stakeholders, and clients.
5. Regulatory Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure that all designed and commissioned electrical systems comply with relevant maritime regulations, industry standards, and safety guidelines.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies and classification societies to obtain necessary approvals and certifications for electrical systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in electrical design and commissioning, preferably in marine propulsion and control systems.
- Proficiency in electrical design software (e.g., AutoCAD Electrical, EPLAN) and simulation tools.
- Strong knowledge of marine electrical systems, power distribution, propulsion methods, and control strategies.
- Familiarity with marine industry standards (e.g., ABS, DNV, IMO) and relevant regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex electrical issues.
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and presenting technical information to clients and stakeholders.
- Project management skills with the ability to manage priorities, timelines, and resources effectively.
- Willingness to travel to shipyards and vessels for commissioning activities.
- Willingness to travel overseas as required.
- Positive with a can-do attitude.